The Meta Pixel can collect the following data:
- Http Headers – Anything that is generally present in HTTP headers, a standard web protocol sent between any browser request and any server on the internet. This information may include data like IP addresses, information about the web browser, page location, document, referrer and person using the website.
- Pixel-specific Data – Includes Pixel ID and the Facebook Cookie.
- Button Click Data – Includes any buttons clicked by site visitors, the labels of those buttons and any pages visited as a result of the button clicks.
- Optional Values – Developers and marketers can optionally choose to send additional information about the visit through Custom Data events. Example custom data events are conversion value, page type and more.
- Form Field Names – Includes website field names like
quantity, etc., for when you purchase a product or service. We don't capture field values unless you include them as part of Advanced Matching or optional values.