In-Game Messenger Groups
You can create messenger groups from within a game. It will contribute to higher engagement with Messenger group threads and message sends, and it will increase the retention by allowing you to utilize messenger groups.
The purpose of this feature is to:
- Allow users to easily create group with their friends inside game to play together
- Allow users to discover other players to join a bigger player communities to play with
- Friend picker prompted to player asking to create new group
- Dialog prompted to player asking if they want to create a group with other players
Add players to group
- Friend picker prompted to player asking if they want to add friends to the group
- Dialog asking if player is willing to join a given group of the game developer’s choosing
- Dialog asking if player is willing to add another player of the game developer's choosing to existing group.
Here are the 4 API we introduced
- We extended this existing api to support create a group with developer suggested players, instead of a 1 on 1 thread
- Prompt users to create group with developer suggested players OR load friend pick list if
- Prompt to ask if player is willing to join a given group of the game developer’s choosing
- Prompt to ask if player is willing to add their friends to existing context if
- Check if the context is discoverable by other players, players will set the context discoverable or not when creating the context.
FBInstant.context.getPlayerRole() will return if player's role in current group context (admin or member).
FBInstant.context.createAsync() will return newly created group context id (search for "FBInstant.context.getID()" in the documentation).