Bug: Error message in Dropdown component after dynamic update.

I am encountering an issue with the Dropdown component in WhatsApp Flow. When the dropdown source is dynamically updated with a new array of items and a new selected value is explicitly set after an item has already been selected, an error message appears stating: "Dropdown selected ID is not in options." This error message regarding the previous item ID should not appear, as it is irrelevant to the updated options.

Here are the steps to reproduce the bug while staying on the same screen:

1) Initialize the drop down with an array of items, e.g., [{ id: "1", title: "Option 1" }, { id: "2", title: "Option 2" }]. 2) Select an item, e.g., "Option 1". 3) Perform an action that changes the dropdown source to a new array of items, e.g., [{ id: "3", title: "Option 3" }, { id: "4", title: "Option 4" }], and explicitly set a new selected item to another value which is part of the source, e.g., "Option 3". 4) Observe the error message indicating that the previous selected item ID (1) is not in the options list, even though it is no longer selected.

I have verified that the response data from the flow returns the new array of items and the selected item correctly.

Djoumessi
Asked last Wednesday
Selected Answer

Hi Djoumessi, thanks for the bug report! We're going to investigate the issue and I'll update you in this thread

June 26 at 9:41 AM
Evgenii

I am also having this issue...

Select Date screen - which dynamically populates a list of time options in the next screen Select Times.screen - choose a time from the list Confirm Screen - shows selections

When clicking back x 2 from "Confirm", and then changing the date on the "select date" screen i also get the error "Dropdown selected ID is not in options." on the Select Times my dropdown, it also shows a red "true"

POSSIBLE USEFUL ADDITIONAL INFO: I have tested this using a footer navigation button and also using the on-select-action of the 2 dropdowns and the same thing occurs.

July 1 at 5:05 AM
Stephen
Evgenii

Thanks Stephen, I'll be working on this issue this week. Hopefully it will be resolved by EOW

July 1 at 5:23 AM
Stephen

awesome! thanks.

July 1 at 6:23 AM