App Review being Canceled for no reason

I'm sending the app for review but the request is being canceled automatically after a while and for no reason and also without specifying who canceled it.

Fabiano
Asked about 9 months ago
Julian

Same Issue, could you submit again or is still failing?

August 11 at 9:23 PM
Fabiano

canceled for the 3rd time in a row

August 11 at 11:16 PM
Mir

I'm facing same issue

August 12 at 5:08 AM
Fabiano

Recebemos o retorno de que verificarão o problema.

Hello Fabiano,

Thank you for contacting Facebook Direct Support.

Thank you for the information provided. We are looking into this issue and have escalated it to higher management.

Meanwhile, we seek your patience and kind understanding until the issue is resolved.

If you have any further questions on the App Review process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

August 12 at 8:39 AM
Farouk

What should we do now ? be late on schedule

August 13 at 10:12 AM
Farouk

I think a find the problem. the ANNUAL CONTROL DATA, should be accepted and passed, once done you can resend the app for review. I Send it a couple hour ago and until now any cancel.

August 13 at 12:37 PM
Fabiano

Unfortunately, this is not the case here, as we already validated the data last month.

August 13 at 1:19 PM
Farouk

Update, app review canceled AGAIN

August 14 at 3:30 PM
Farouk

Bug reported here : https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/695331975797388/ https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/204161822374947/?join_id=fbe02033af25c

August 14 at 3:32 PM
Tharindu

Hi Fabiano. Could you please let us know how you managed to reach Facebook about your problem? Because I couldn't find any method to raise a support ticket or use any other method to reach developer support.

August 15 at 4:04 AM
Fabiano

Was having an open conversation after a denied review. I kept in touch with her.

They said there is indeed an issue and that they'll let me know when it's fixed so I can submit the app for review. But that unfortunately the problem can last a few more days.

August 15 at 7:27 AM
Fabiano

Here it seems to have normalized, I'm almost 12h with an open review. Let's see if we can evolve.

August 16 at 4:39 AM
Tharindu

Thanks for the update Fabiano.

August 17 at 7:24 PM
Selected Answer

This problem was normalized a long time ago and approvals have also returned to normal.

Sometimes when it takes a while we cancel the request and resend it and then it is analyzed.

November 5 at 3:05 PM
Fabiano
Selected Answer

Hello everyone any updates?

August 13 at 5:09 PM
J Deny
Fabiano

No news

August 13 at 6:44 PM

Anyone got the app approved?

August 21 at 6:48 AM
Giacomo
Fabiano

Yes, I got it approved and the cancellations stopped happening.

August 21 at 7:06 AM

I'm unsure about what steps to take or how to simplify our explanation. It appears they might not thoroughly check test accounts and recordings, instead using generic rejection messages. I checked the logs and test account and they didn't try to create and publish posts from our platform which proves that they are not taking our requests seriously and we are losing money because of them.

Is there a way to directly communicate with them? Could you share your experiences and offer any recommendations?

August 30 at 2:41 AM
Giorgi

Looks like they are not taking requests seriously. We have a super valid use case but are rejected 5 times with a generic rejection reason. Spend more than 12 hours in total recording and writing all those requests. You cannot communicate with them because you'll get no response.

This is really terrible and makes me wonder if my company even wants to depend on a service like this...

September 4 at 2:22 AM
Lars
Fabiano

Indeed, we are in the 9th attempt to approve the app. Valid case, precise instructions, video demonstrating and deny saying that information is missing both in the description and in the screencast. The quality of the tests has dropped a lot, the testers don't even read what we send.

Meanwhile we waste a lot of time and money to explain something that is correct.

September 6 at 8:53 AM
Markus

Same exact experience Fabiano! We are growing frustrated by the day... W got our app rejected 5 times yet... while following all screencast guidelines, answering in great detail to all use case related questions... I have two master's degrees and I am not able to pass FB app review...

September 8 at 10:28 AM

I managed to get my app approved but it took extremely detailed explanation with videos that had annotations explaining everything that was going on. Funny enough, when similar videos were created for an internal app, they were denied even though the same level of detail was used.

I think there's a bit of luck involved

September 6 at 8:47 AM
Albert
Fabiano

Yes, very lucky indeed, because the tests are incompetent.

September 6 at 8:54 AM
Joseph

Did your app support messaging? I'm curious if the rejections are related to messaging based apps.

November 1 at 7:37 PM
Albert

No sir.

November 2 at 3:46 PM

I am having the same problem. I don't get it. I was thinking it was because my Tech Provider status isn't verified yet.

August 11 at 7:42 PM
Wesley
Markus

Isn't being a Tech Provider a requirement for App review? I'd solve that first if I was you... But again, we also still get our apps cancelled, while being verified as Tech provider...

August 13 at 2:14 AM

I found on another post that the terms of service URL may be required when the app is LIVE. I updated my URL and I am going to resubmit, and see if it cancels it again.

August 11 at 8:05 PM
Wesley

I have the same problem when sending my app request to get pages_messaging permit. Probable an error from Meta??

August 11 at 9:56 PM
Luis

probably. I'm 3 months into this saga and it just canceled again for no reason, it's certainly some glitch.

August 11 at 11:15 PM
Fabiano

Happened to me today, submitted again and it got cancelled quickly after it... going to try again now.

August 12 at 1:02 AM
Faisal

was fine untill today, my app review got canceled, i submited again and few minutes later got canceled again , we are verified business and tech provider

August 12 at 2:18 AM
Lior

Same problem here, cancelled after few minute of submission. it's not related on field of app or statut of company ( verified , tech provider ) i think it's a bug.

August 12 at 3:56 AM
Farouk

Same issue here as well. And has anybody been able to contact Facebook app review support team recently? There use to be someone you could chat with earlier, but now it appears to be all done by the bot

August 12 at 6:21 AM
Atif

It happened to me today also, cancelled without explanation. I resubmitted and cancelled again.

August 12 at 8:11 AM
J Deny

4th consecutive cancellation and without any explanation.

August 12 at 8:20 AM
Fabiano
Mir

10 times i got

August 12 at 8:23 AM

I contacted facebook direct support and got the following reply. Looks like this is caused by some bugs at their end and we will have to wait a bit.

Facebook reply: "We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. Currently there is an ongoing issue with review submissions, we have already escalated this issue to the higher authorities and they are looking into it.

Meanwhile, we seek your patience and kind understanding until the issue is resolved."

August 14 at 4:45 AM
Ericson
Angelo

Thanks for your update. Just a question: where is the direct support?

August 14 at 4:52 AM
Luis

how can i contact direct support too please?

August 14 at 6:10 AM
Ericson

here: https://business.facebook.com/direct-support/

and then select the business manager that owns your app, then click "Ask a Question"

August 14 at 8:49 PM

Hi, there is any update about these cases? do i have to open a ticket or case with meta too? (if its that possible)

August 14 at 6:09 AM
Luis
Fabiano

I have a call in Meta that informed that it is verifying.

August 14 at 7:27 AM
Markus

@Fabiano, do you mean you have to call Meta in order to get your app verified? Or how can I understand your comment? Thank you!

August 14 at 11:00 AM
Fabiano

Sorry for the wrong translation. We opened a support request. The response from Meta support is that there is a problem and that information as soon as it is resolved

August 14 at 11:06 AM

I'm experiencing a different behavior now: I tried to submit the app twice, and instead of seeing it automatically canceled, it seems to be automatically rejected with a sort of standard message as reviewer feedback. It doesn't seem like there's a real reviewer, usually the review took days, now after about 40 minutes I already find the result of the review, and the app is rejected with a generic message. Anyone with this behaviour?

August 15 at 3:57 PM
Angelo
Mostafa

me too

August 15 at 4:08 PM
Angelo

I tried again by putting a notice asking reviewers to mention in their feedback that they have read my message. It was rejected once more, not even 30 minutes later, with no feedback provided. There is undoubtedly no human behind these rejections. It’s very frustrating.

August 15 at 7:26 PM
Lior

Me too

August 16 at 2:47 AM
Mostafa

I submitted a review for (pages_show_list) permission at 15 Aug, and this permission approved at 17 Aug. Then I submitted another permissions in the same day and its under review until now.

August 18 at 6:07 AM
Fabiano

How did you get the pages_show_list?

We have a valid case, listing the pages and leaving it for selection and confirmation and yet the reviewers say it is not a valid case. :(

Regarding the delay, in fact it is taking a while and it should get worse, as it is likely that it has accumulated a large number of reviews

August 18 at 6:20 AM
Angelo

Well, I have the same issue with the pages_read_engagement permission. I even showed them the source code, illustrating the requests I made, and two saved requests from the graph api explorer that demonstrate without the permission, I get a response indicating that permission is required for that API call. They keep telling me that's not enough. To get that permission approved, I'm having to introduce features in my software I hadn't even planned for. The reviewers seem really difficult to deal with.

August 18 at 6:37 AM
Mostafa

For me: the reason for the rejection of the pages_show_list permission on my app is because the Facebook test account is asking for two factor authentication. Facebook test account is a real facebook account, I used it to test the app.

You need to provide: 1- a user test account on your sofware 2- a facebook test account (must be an admin on your app) 3- Full explanation steps for testing your application (as a text) 4- Full explanation steps for testing your application (as video tutorial)

August 23 at 9:37 AM

I sent it twice and it was cancelled, I sent it a third time and so far it seems to be ok.

August 11 at 9:31 PM
Fabiano
Julian

ok, but is gonna keep under review right?

August 11 at 9:36 PM
Julian

I submitted the app, 15 days ago, and they asked for more information, I complete the request, and 7 days later the request was cancelled instead of review

August 11 at 9:37 PM

It happened to me today also, cancelled without explanation. I re-submitted and cancelled again. Now i submitted 3rd time and i think it seems to be ok.

August 12 at 3:58 AM
Mostafa
Bernard

did you change something when you submitted the third time? Or just random ?

August 12 at 4:02 AM
Mostafa

I didn't change anything.

August 12 at 4:21 AM
Mostafa

Unfortunately, the review canceled 3rd time without explanation.

August 12 at 4:33 AM
Angelo

It's no use for me. I keep submitting, but it's continually canceled. I must have tried at least 5-6 times with different texts and videos.

August 12 at 4:33 AM
Mostafa

I think this issue from Meta side.

August 12 at 4:37 AM
Bernard

clearly indeed !

August 12 at 7:44 AM

I'm facing same issues with most of the app submitted and few minutes or hours later its going to be canceled automictically.

August 12 at 5:07 AM
Mir

I found this post, maybe something like this is happening in this case too? https://developers.facebook.com/community/threads/1016694099329917/

August 12 at 8:25 AM
Wesley
Fabiano

My case is different. My policy link is correct and functional, as well as the business validations. Our application runs on a website.

August 12 at 8:35 AM
Wesley

I was more referring to the FB bug that's didn't show the reason it was cancelled. Maybe this is a simular bug. I checked the console but couldn't find anything.

August 12 at 9:49 AM
Fabiano

I understand, unfortunately it was not possible to verify the error in the same way as in this error you found :(

August 12 at 9:52 AM

Same issue here, my application got auto-cancelled twice within a few mins of applying.

It's always a nightmare going through this process. What's crazy is they disabled test users and it's against their policy to create dummy accounts! So, how in the world are your reviewers supposed to test our app? For sure, authentication won't work.

I wish they had no market share, so I would never have to develop something on this platform; seriously, worst experience ever.

August 12 at 12:58 PM
Ahmed
Faisal

100% same… unfortunately we need to stay patient and work with them

August 12 at 8:39 PM

Guys, I see, we all have the same problem here.

So please, if anyone is successful in getting this issue resolved or even getting their app through App review, please share how you did it/ what you did differently this time, etc. Will do the same of course... Wish you all good luck!

Thank you!

August 13 at 2:22 AM
Markus

Guy's update ?

August 13 at 3:12 AM
Farouk
Mir

Same issues

August 13 at 3:40 AM

normalized

August 17 at 7:56 PM
Fabiano
Angelo

I agree, this is fixed

August 17 at 8:12 PM
Tharindu

Yes. That's what I can observe as well. My recent review didn't get cancelled nor approved. So will have to wait and see the result

August 17 at 8:45 PM
Tharindu

HI Angelo. Is there a way you could support me with obtaining App review? Of cause not for free but for a reasonable cost. Let me know if you can do this. Thanks!

September 6 at 1:13 AM

We're also experiencing automatic submission cancellations.

We've been trying to get our app approved for over a month now. After numerous rejections without valid reasons (it seems the review team doesn't even read what we write or view our screencasts), now, following our most recent submission, it keeps getting canceled automatically.

The first time this happened was on August 11th. It was under review for a few days, and now, every time I submit, it's automatically canceled within minutes.

For clarity, our business is verified, and we are recognized as tech providers. Getting this app approved is turning into a nightmare.

August 12 at 1:59 AM
Angelo
Ralph

Any luck with approval? We continue with repeated immediate cancels. Thanks.

November 5 at 2:58 PM

any Update ?

August 13 at 7:09 AM
Farouk
Fabiano

Nothing yet. Canceled yet again!

August 13 at 10:59 AM
Ralph

same here i waited 6 days then it got cancelled without any reason and i applied again and cancelled automatically within minutes and the third time also i don't know what to do i need the app for my clients and i developed a script then suddenly a problem in facebook wasted my time and money please if someone know if it will be solved i need assistance here even my partner account with facebook is not opening although i am aa verified business

August 13 at 11:08 AM
Marwan
Ralph

someone has filed a bug report about this in another section (because app reviews dont alllow it) please help to get it higher by commenting https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/204161822374947/

August 13 at 10:37 PM
Bernard

I have the same issue. My application got canceled without any reason by 3rd time already. I hate this platform.

August 14 at 1:35 AM
Giorgi
Angelo

Everyone hates this platform I think

August 14 at 1:54 AM

Happening here too, submitted yesterday, got cancelled (not rejected, cancelled!) without any reason today.

August 12 at 5:48 AM
Israel
Israel

Submitted again when added this comment and got cancelled 10 minutes after 👀

August 12 at 6:25 AM
Ralph

November 5 at 2:59 PM

Guys, the fact that many people are reporting the same issue does offer me some comfort as it might be a bug on Facebook's end. However, I'm also beginning to think that Facebook might not want our app, given the numerous delays and many rejections without valid reasons.

Quick question for you all: Is your app AI-related? I'm trying to determine if there's a common factor among our app submissions that are being automatically canceled.

August 12 at 2:24 AM
Angelo
Faisal

not AI related, analytics

August 12 at 2:30 AM
Angelo

Okay, good to know. I dislike this platform so much that I was starting to think Facebook was purposefully canceling our submissions without giving any reason. I sincerely hope it's a bug.

August 12 at 2:38 AM
Faisal

same here Angelo, it's been frustrating dealing with Facebook...

Facebook: you can now use Business Login feature

but we need to approve it first...

Me: submit for review...

Facebook: we dont have business account, please share test user

Also Facebook: Test users have been disabled

Me: Test users are disabled now, what can we do?

Facebook: create a test user and share with us

Also Facebook review process: do not share test users!

Also Facebook: blocks access to account when accessed from different location

Also Facebook review team: please disable the location security on your account

Me: this is not my location security, this is your location security....

???????

August 12 at 2:42 AM
Angelo

Yes, it's truly absurd.

Meta, a company valued at 776 billion USD, neglects developers who choose to build on their platform, enriching it in the process. It's laughable.

Consider this: there's a bug we came across while developing our app, which has been reported since at least 2017, maybe earlier. This bug relates to the parent_id parameter of Facebook comments, which is sent incorrectly. The bug persists in their APIs. They keep saying they're aware and it will be fixed, but years have gone by without a fix. Since the end of last year, they've completely eliminated the support channel for this issue, making it impossible to report the bug.

"Beginning 4th Nov 2022, this support channel is no longer available for issues related to Pages API."

Facebook has no interest in helping us and no intention of improving this platform. Their sole interest lies in spending as little money as possible, hiring team members who often aren't even proficient in English. Our app was declined without a valid reason, even though our description clearly explained the app's functionality; evidently, they didn't grasp it.

Going forward, I'll think long and hard before wasting time and money developing applications for this platform. Maybe it's wiser to focus on TikTok, which has begun rolling out their APIs. They manage them infinitely better than this laughable platform.

August 12 at 2:59 AM
Faisal

Yes TikTok is important to focus on now, I started building on it recently and they are faster to approve things and get you started.

But we still need to build on Facebook unfortunately, they are still a big player in the social media and ads space… we need to stay patient and work with what we have

August 12 at 3:59 AM
Ericson

yes my app is AI-related

August 12 at 4:35 AM
Mir

I can't even report bug on Facebook which is really bad

August 12 at 5:18 AM
Markus

Our app review submission was also cancelled yesterday and we are not AI-related...

August 13 at 2:12 AM
Tharindu

Yes, my App is AI related and I thought the same. I thought that FB might be trying to promote their own AI platform by restricting the connection of other AI APIs. But I think others with different App types are also facing the same issue.

August 15 at 4:12 AM
Har

everything everyone said in this thread above I relate to. Horrible experience and has been 2 months... no approval. Now fighting with the: "Also Facebook: blocks access to account when accessed from different location

Also Facebook review team: please disable the location security on your account

Me: this is not my location security, this is your location security...." that @Faisal describes

November 1 at 1:37 AM

Seems like this must be a problem from Meta's side. App review used to work fine until yesterday. Our app keeps getting cancelled automatically too. We are a verified business and tech provider. We'll keep trying...

August 12 at 1:19 AM
Thomas
Lloyd

Same here. It's a real head-scratcher.

August 12 at 9:30 PM
Ralph

November 5 at 2:59 PM
Fabiano

This problem was normalized a long time ago and approvals have also returned to normal.

Sometimes when it takes a while we cancel the request and resend it and then it is analyzed.

November 5 at 3:04 PM