Partial Outageshare-external
https://graph.facebook.com/v15.0/me/accounts returning empty results

This API has been giving empty array results with 200 statuses since yesterday. Is there any reason, also, we are not using business management permission?

Karthic
Asked about 3 months ago
Руслан

We have the same problem.Does anyone know how to fix this?

February 15 at 12:49 AM
Aldrin

This is also happening to us. Also with /pages API.

February 15 at 2:53 AM
Karthic

last year they took 4 days to fix it, but these year?

February 15 at 8:27 PM
Руслан

The documentation says that "the business_management permission allows your app to read and write with the Business Manager API." It doesn't say that it is required to get a list of pages. Even a regular FB account doesn't get a list of pages (they are not added through business)? A few days ago everything was working correctly, but now it's not. Has there been some kind of change?

February 15 at 10:52 PM
Sergey

We are crying from FB API. We met same issue. We could not request business_management permission due to issue with FB API test page. So we decided simply add it without request. Magic happened. After reconnect we start to see pages again. Hope it helps someone to workaround the issue.

February 15 at 11:46 PM
Елена

We have the same problem

February 18 at 6:31 AM
Selected Answer

This thread was trending yesterday - happening to everyone on all API versions. https://developers.facebook.com/community/threads/3616081098662012/?notif_id=1707978090868499&notif_t=developer_community_forum_thread_update&ref=notif

February 14 at 11:36 PM
Michael

We are experiencing the same issue with our app. If the Page exists in the Business manager, it will not return. Only pages outside of the Business manager will appear. The same thing happened only a short time ago, as @aldrin mentioned.

February 15 at 5:57 AM
Spencer

I have seen my server logs and the degradation seems to start on 13 february. After reading the docs, I have spotted this message here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/changelog/non-versioned-changes/nvc-2023#user-accounts

"This change reduces the scope of the User Accounts change introduced with version 17. That change now only applies to v17.0 and later.

Applies to v17.0 and later versions. Will apply to all versions when version 19 is released (date to be determined)."

The thing is that v19 was released a few weeks ago, but probably they have activated something internally and it has started to affect a huge number of accounts. Curiously, some of my users dont have any problem, so it seems it doesnt affect all accounts

February 15 at 7:09 AM
Angel
Atif

were you able to confirm with anyone in FB that the only workaround now is to get business manager permission?

February 15 at 9:12 AM
Luciano

Hi! Any feedback on this? It would be great to confirm business_manager fixes it.

February 20 at 6:13 PM
Angel

I can't get the permission accepted, they keep rejecting it, its the 3rd time, but it should be the solution

February 21 at 1:17 AM

Same here. Hope someone fix it soon.

February 15 at 7:50 AM
Daniel
Shika

Need apply new permission called business_management.

February 16 at 7:02 PM

Based on the info Angel included above, I would definitely proceed as if business_management permission will be required going forward. Adding that has fixed this issue for us this morning. Unfortunately, if you don't yet have this permission yet, it may take a few weeks to get approved!

February 15 at 11:43 AM
Glen
Warner

Just giving my experience, I requested business_management yesterday and was approved in under 15 hours for my production app. There is some hope! :)

February 16 at 11:15 AM

Hey @Warner, we are going to file submission for this same permission. Could you please share some tips on how to get approved so quickly by Meta review team? Some general ideas about your submission details, notes to the review team, or how the instructional video should be captured would be of great help to me. Thanks a lot!

February 16 at 5:42 PM

Make sure on the Facebook Authentication Page "What page do you want to use with AppName?" You check all the pages you want to retrieve.

February 14 at 10:40 PM
Shika
Karthic

The same issue happened last year too, with the release of version 18, and is now also happening.

February 14 at 10:46 PM
Shika

Yes, I also felt it some time ago. But this time, our Application was not affected. Maybe it was a random Facebook thing. I also wonder what they do.

February 14 at 10:52 PM
Shahid

I am also facing same issue. This problem occurred randomly & working fine after some time. Did anyone know, what is actual reason of this.

February 14 at 11:22 PM
Michael

@Shahid has yours started working again?

February 14 at 11:54 PM
Shika

Oh, that now affects our application. The page does not display all of the Response API

February 15 at 12:02 AM
Руслан

We have the same problem.Does anyone know how to fix this?

February 15 at 12:48 AM
Shika

I saw in another thread, someone said you must have business_management permission. But I don't know whether it's true or not.

February 15 at 1:03 AM
Gerd

We encountered the same issue but only with a few of our pages. Turned out that adding the "business_management" scope really helped with fixing this bug. We had to login again and there was a new screen where we could select the business where some of the missing pages are located into. Now everything works again. Keep this in mind when sending the oauth login request, that this scope is needed now. Thanks @Shika!

February 16 at 1:10 AM

@Gerd Do we need to submit app review for that newly requested "business_management" permission? If that the case, it is possible that Meta review team may reject our submission as the permissions allow the control and management of users' business?

February 16 at 5:22 PM

Same issue here. Affects /pages API as well. This already happened some time ago related with the business_management permissions which they reverted for versions earlier than v17, but now it's back.

February 15 at 2:58 AM
Aldrin