Partial Outageshare-external
Our Facebook links are not giving an image preview, we have tried the Sharing Debugger but we are getting an "Unknown error" message, we are in Kenya, we've checked across several other media houses and they seem to have the same problem

Our Facebook links are not giving an image preview, we have tried the Sharing Debugger but we are getting an "Unknown error" message, we are in Kenya, we've checked across several other media houses and they seem to have the same problem

Brian
Asked about 8 months ago
Geppe

We have the same problem

September 19 at 2:55 AM
Christian

We also have the same problem. That's the brand-new issue of the day... What used to work properly up to yesterday now gives the image error...

September 19 at 3:23 AM
Filippo

Same here since yesterday. The FB debugger says "unknown issue" when used to check the image crawling.

September 19 at 4:18 AM
Wojt

Same for me. I work on Wordpress and even old shared posts have this problem and they didn't before, so there is clearly a global problem. I come from Poland.

September 19 at 7:39 AM
Wojt

I can confirm that now everything is OK in Poland

September 19 at 11:34 PM
Selected Answer

Now it seems to have been fixed eventually, at least here in Europe.

September 19 at 10:08 PM
Christian
Wojt

I can confirm that everything is OK in Poland

September 19 at 11:34 PM
Hanna

I have sites in different CMSs and only my Wordpress sites appear to be working. Europe as well. Adobe Experience Manager and custom CMS still affected here.

September 20 at 12:45 AM
Haris

I can confirm that everything is OK in Bosnia & Herzegovina.

September 20 at 4:02 AM

I have the same problem with over 50 news sites.

September 19 at 9:10 AM
Jeremias

Same issue from India, multiple news websites, which we manage are having the same issue.

September 19 at 4:18 AM
Vinoth
Kostas

Same here with all our managed websites. Common between the sites are that they're WordPress installations and all use Yoast.

September 19 at 5:03 AM
Lukas

Happening on two of my sites - both Wordpress but using Rank Math SEO instead of Yoast.

September 19 at 5:06 AM
Christian

I tried to deactivate the SEO plugins but it's not due to them. The meta tags are correctly added and the og:image content is perfectly reachable... so what? Meta bug?

September 19 at 5:52 AM
Balázs

Same issue here. After FB debug: Provided og:image URL,........encountered an unknown error.

I use the SeoPress plugin for WP. It has to be a Meta bug..

September 19 at 5:57 AM
Rafael

Same here in Brazil

September 19 at 5:59 AM
Michael

same

September 19 at 6:13 AM
Naman

Same issue with 3 news website

September 19 at 6:38 AM
Jessin

same here in india

September 19 at 7:33 AM
Wojt

Same for me. I work on Wordpress and even old shared posts have this problem and they didn't before, so there is clearly a global problem. I come from Poland.

September 19 at 7:39 AM
Haris

Same problem

September 19 at 8:44 AM