Can't create test users

Hello! When I try to create test users, I get this error! Can you please tell me what is causing it and how to fix it?

Oksana
Asked about 9 months ago
Diego

Please plus vode this ticket so maybe Facebook will fix it https://developers.facebook.com/community/threads/595276292037723/

September 12 at 3:08 AM
Selected Answer

After speaking with an agent, I was told that they are no longer allowing users to create Test Users.

To submit an app review, create a fake facebook account and give them the credentials.

August 21 at 4:22 PM
Albert
Christopher

Hi Albert, how did you manage to speak to an agent?

We can't use a fake account because real accounts don't trigger webhooks (e.g. for mentions) until that permission is approved which you need a test user on a test app to demonstrate so are in a catch 20 here. Any ideas?!

August 24 at 8:20 AM
Long

I'm using a fake account to send request access, but always has the same reason for rejection:

App rejected - Invalid or insufficient credentials provided Developer Policy 1.9 - Build a quality product We found that your app's test credentials did not allow us to fully review the content of the app or there were no test credentials provided for us to use during our review. To resolve this issue: - If your test credentials do allow access, check that the account is set up properly to provide us with full access and to allow us to reproduce your use case steps. - Otherwise, please consider including any applicable test credentials and passwords for our team to use. If a non-facebook user account is required to log into your app, please include those credentials when you re-submit.

August 29 at 2:35 AM
Albert

Hey Christopher

I have contacts at Meta that helped me out with this but I'm happy to pass along what they said.

For webhooks you can either set your application to Live and set the webhooks to a dev url if you have that or if you don't want to do that, you can setup a 2nd application and use it to show how your webhooks would work.

September 6 at 8:45 AM
Diego

sounds like a hacky and inconsistent approach. Unfortunately creating a real/fake user also does not work for several reasons. First of all a user needs to be added to a test app to be able to test it but new users do not have a username yet when just created making it impossible to provide the actual username to be able to test it. Just really inconvenient

September 12 at 12:39 AM
Diego

Please plus vode this ticket so maybe Facebook will fix it https://developers.facebook.com/community/threads/595276292037723/

September 12 at 3:08 AM
Nora

Hi, we are having the same issue.

We contacted support and asked them what we should do and they told us to create fake users and also give them the credentials to log into the connected email accounts because of two factor authentication.

We tried to create new facebook accounts for those test purposes but facebook blocks us from creating new users because it's not allowed to create fake accounts.

It's honestly very frustrating. If anybody has a solution to this, we would highly appreciate it!

September 17 at 1:57 AM
Roger

have you guys found a solution for the app review submission with a fake account?

November 18 at 8:17 AM
Uday

Still Can not create test user, Any Update regarding this?

December 28 at 10:05 PM
Tom

This is a catch 22. I tried to create a fake account for testing with a real email address bit when doing so i receive the error We require everyone to use the name they use in everyday life, what their friends call them, on Facebook. Learn more about our name policies.

March 13 at 8:17 AM