How To Get Facebook Comment Plugin Count ?

I am implementing the Facebook comment plugin on my website, but I have encountered several issues with its implementation.

First, I cannot retrieve the total number of comments on articles using the Facebook comment plugin. I tried to obtain it using the method "https://graph.facebook.com/v2.4/?fields=share{comment_count}&id=<YOUR_URL>", but it failed with the message "share field is deprecated for versions v2.9 and higher". I also attempted to get comment updates using webhooks plugin_comment and plugin_comment_reply. Although I have subscribed to both of these webhooks, my endpoint only receives data from the "Test" buttons, and no data is received when there are new comments on my articles.

My second issue is that the Facebook comment plugin experiences glitches and cannot provide comments when users access my articles using the Safari browser. I searched for the cause on Google and found a solution by disabling the "prevent cross-browser tracking" option in Safari settings. Is there any other way to resolve this issue?

Arie
Asked about 8 months ago