Partial Outageshare-external
Stopped to return some accounts under me/accounts

Starting today me/accounts stopped to return multiple accounts. Only when we add the permission "business_management", the full list of accounts is returned. But this permission seems to require "App review" which takes time and right now non of our clients can login.

Any help?

Paulo
Asked about 8 months ago
Jonathan

We're experiencing the same issue. Our app does have the business_management permission, but the list of pages returned from that endpoint is still incomplete.

September 12 at 11:58 AM
Paulo

This has happened in the past (https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/780004130341035/), and they fixed for versions under v17.0, until now...

September 12 at 12:19 PM
Simon

This is also happening to us as of 5 hours ago. It now requires the business_management permission. Is it possibly linked to the release of V18?

September 12 at 2:02 PM
Mikhail

same here

September 12 at 3:03 PM
Spencer

We are experiencing the same issue. Only if business_management permission is used will all the pages that I am admin of be returned.

September 12 at 3:07 PM
Simon

There is a bug reported for this issue: https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/602264498523167/

September 12 at 3:23 PM
Gary

So it seems that with the V18 release, all versions fail to return pages "managed by a business." Even though many of us are on lower versions than V18, forcing us all to be down until we get approved for "business_management permission. Clearly, we needed some warning of this with time to get this issue resolved and we needed new permission we haven't needed for five years beyond our app breaking for half our customers that neither the customer or the developers knew we needed until it broke. Like this limit should be tied to V18 so we all know we need to work towards this new permission and V17 and below still function. Second, can a customer "unmanaged by a business" so our functionality works again if they don't need whatever functionality put the page in a "managed by a page" mode? https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/602264498523167/ FROM BUG REPORT "I need you all to check once again adding the business_management permissions as if the page is added via the Business Manager, it'd require the same. I'm adding in the docs for the same: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/user/accounts/#limitations References from Doc: It does not return pages that you are connected with through a business. To retrieve pages that you are connected with via businesses, the business_management permission is required"

September 13 at 4:06 AM
Phattharaphon

same here

September 13 at 11:18 AM
Andrew

yes, with business_management is working but, it's also need new verification flow! If I use v16 it's not needed this permission! So I could use login by one version of api and another by 19. It's also weird I need to get access of user Bussiness when I just want to get attached IG accounts to FB pages

February 3 at 4:21 AM
Paulo

New bug report opened: https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/1096399604832261/

February 23 at 12:41 PM
Selected Answer

Requesting business_management permission was the only solution for us.

March 13 at 5:12 AM
Paulo
Selected Answer

I'm experiencing the same issue. To make things worse, the App Review team keeps rejecting my request for business_management permission.

Does anyone have a working solution?

March 8 at 9:51 AM
Oky

same issue here

March 1 at 2:40 AM
Rights

same issue as well

March 4 at 6:48 AM
Julius

For us, oddly, if we use one user account to generate a token and then request /accounts/me we get a list of business pages that user in an admin of. As expected.

For another user, which we are reasonably sure has access to at least one business page, using exactly the same workflow and code we do not get a list of pages that user is an admin of.

March 5 at 12:02 AM
Jim

Same here, again! A few days ago, the list of pages that should come from /accounts is returning a empty list. Another big joke from Meta.

February 21 at 9:19 AM
Tom

Same here!

September 13 at 1:29 AM
Antunes
Arkhom

Same here

September 13 at 6:57 PM

Same here,

We experience the same bug as this one: https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/602264498523167/

business_management permission is required for v17, so we should be able to access accounts with previous version, which is not the case.

February 16 at 6:33 AM
Romain
Spencer

Best to bite the bullet and apply for business management. That’s what’s I’m doing now instead of waiting for a fix, mostly because these outages are worse than applying for the permission.

February 16 at 6:53 AM
Romain

I have my review in process :)

February 19 at 2:40 AM
Simone

we have the "business_management" permission but its NOT working, accounts under a Business Manager don't return

February 19 at 6:58 AM

Is there anyone who can give us an answer? I have always had the requested permission approved. From February 17th no pages under Business Manager are returned.

February 21 at 8:53 AM
Simone
Spencer

Sounds like something is a miss with your situation. I applied for business_management and was approved within less than 6hrs. That fixed my issue. I would suggest using the graph API tool and investigate further.

February 21 at 9:52 AM
Derek

How did you pass your review? Historically we had no issue, but now that creating test users functionality is broken they're unable to fully test our application. In my video I use my personal account because I'm unable to create a test account. I can't share my credentials with them as that's insecure

February 21 at 10:21 AM
Spencer

I noticed that. I was fortunate enough to already have test users on my live app. I think the other work around is to simply add the permissions in your code and tell them, so when they go to test they will see the option about some permissions needing approval, but I believe this will still work for them as they have developer users. Cannot fully confirm but worth a shot.

March 1 at 4:41 AM
Thanh

@spencer have you found a solution?

March 2 at 7:37 PM
Mathilde

@derek - only way is to create a real facebook account, add it on the app as a tester and give them the facebook 2FA recovery code. I just had two permissions validated but still struggling to have business_management validated but at least, they manage to see the flow.

April 11 at 3:22 PM

Same issue started again.

February 16 at 3:02 PM
Mike
Hans

Yep I see you are on this thread too. WTF

February 17 at 9:44 AM
Jeff

Same issue surfaced again. /me/accounts returns an empty array for v15. Worked for years then stopped yesterday.

February 18 at 10:45 AM
Simone

same here!

February 19 at 6:56 AM
Mindaugas

Stopped working for us too. v15 suddenly stopped returning accounts around 16th/17th of February

February 21 at 3:36 AM

Same for me.

Not sure why this suddenly stopped working. It's breaking our app for thousands of users.

September 12 at 11:58 AM
Koen
Paulo

Today the released version v18.0, maybe that's why...

September 12 at 12:08 PM
Jonathan

Our first reports of this came in pretty much immediately after the v18.0 blog post went live so I was thinking the same thing.

https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2023/09/12/introducing-facebook-graph-and-marketing-api-v18/

Unfortunately the version doesn't change the missing results from the /me/accounts endpoint

September 12 at 12:15 PM
Koen

I was already thinking the same.. The exact same issue has happend before if you check the bugs.

September 12 at 12:16 PM
Koen

There is only no way to report this via the bug reports. Not sure what we can do right now, hopefully they will revert it asap.

September 12 at 12:28 PM
Daniel

Same here!

September 12 at 12:35 PM
Hadis

same here

September 12 at 12:40 PM
Ragevan

same here!

September 12 at 12:57 PM
Simon

This is also happening to us as of 5 hours ago. It now requires the business_management permission. Is it possibly linked to the release of V18?

September 12 at 2:02 PM
Khushboo

Has anyone been able to verify that adding that permission (business_management) works? Are there any docs that refer to this?

September 12 at 2:17 PM
Jonathan

We have that permission. We do get some pages back in the response but some are missing

September 12 at 2:22 PM
Simon

Adding the permission does not guarantee that all pages come back but the /accounts call does not return an empty array if you have the business_management permission enabled - although this requires approval and app review...

September 12 at 3:22 PM
Pablo

We are experiencing the same issue with v16.0. The me/accounts endpoint only returns personal pages. It is being a major disruption to our app.

September 14 at 2:59 AM
Andreas

Same issue for our app.

September 14 at 3:34 AM
Hans

This seems to be happening again - 2/17/24

February 17 at 9:29 AM
Mindaugas

Happening on our app aswell. First noticed around 16/17 of February

February 21 at 3:34 AM
Backend Channel

same issue