How can we get the University of the Bundeswehr Munich (Universität der Bundeswehr München) in Germany added to the list of recognized academic institutions for Researcher API access?

Hi Meta for Developers,

I am a post-doctoral researcher at the University of the Bundeswehr Munich in Germany (Universität der Bundeswehr München) and am reaching out for assistance with an issue related to the Researcher API application process.

Recently, I attempted to apply for access to the Researcher API but discovered that our university was not listed among the recognized academic institutions. Consequently, I was compelled to select the "OTHER" option, which led to the denial of my application. This situation poses a significant barrier to our research community, which relies on access to diverse data sources to advance our work. I am aware that other researchers from our university have encountered the same issue.

Could the team responsible for maintaining the list of academic institutions please update it to include the University of the Bundeswehr Munich? This addition would not only facilitate our current research efforts but also enhance the academic diversity and inclusivity of the Researcher API program.

For reference, here are the links to the official website of the university and its Wikipedia page: https://www.unibw.de/home-en https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundeswehr_University_Munich

Thank you for considering this request. I look forward to your support and a positive resolution.

Best regards,

Wiebke Drews Post-Doctoral Researcher University of the Bundeswehr Munich

Wiebke
Asked about 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer

Thank you Dr. Drews for sharing your issue. As a graduate student of the University of the Bundeswehr I am facing the same issue. I also urgently need access in order to be able to get the necessary data for my MA thesis. I hope the problem will be solved very soon, so that our University gains access as well. Thank you very much.

Sincerely, Alexander Berghaus Graduate Student of Politics and Social Sciences University of the Bundeswehr Munich

April 29 at 11:51 PM
Alexander