Has anyone came across a pop-up stating: “App URL has already been claimed” in the Monetization Manager ?

While attempting to create a new Property in Meta Monetization Manager, upon adding the App Google play URL, the following pop up appears: “App URL has already been claimed”

• The app is registered in FB

Thx

Assi
Asked about a year ago
Lars

What is your actual question? It means it has been claimed already, by someone else

May 9 at 3:47 AM
Selected Answer

Same Here, are you guys able to solve the issue? I am donw with facebook, moving to unity ads

July 22 at 12:49 PM
Hemant

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? Can't find a way to contact Meta for this issue. We are stuck in infinity at this point.

August 5 at 9:18 PM
Vibhor

I have read in the comments of a YouTube video and they said that we should try getting support from Facebook's pages like Facebook Business Support. We have to send them message through messenger. https://www.facebook.com/metasupportpros/ I have sent them a message regarding this issue but got no response in return, I suggest that you guys do the same as well maybe one of us get's lucky and get that conversation going and figure out the solution to this problem. Let's work as a team. Cheers.

August 7 at 11:14 AM
Vibhor

FB added a way to remove an app URL from a property which solves this issue.

August 7 at 1:10 PM
Eric
Shahzeb

Where?

August 7 at 9:27 PM
Yari

Can you be more specific, please? It would be really appreciated

August 11 at 10:05 AM

In MM go to Properties—> Manage Property—> release app

Must be done from the old business that set up that app as a property.

August 11 at 2:35 PM
Eric
Abdul

yes but what if we dont have access to the account which added this as property but property belongs to us

August 11 at 2:47 PM
Vibhor

Eric we don't have access to our own property which was owned by us, but somehow it says that url has been already claimed by someone else when adding the property again in the same account.

August 12 at 11:59 AM
Eric

It is impossible for another business to claim an app URL because FB verifies the app-ads.txt from the URL listed in the App Store to ensure it has the matching FB business ID. Someone must have owned the app before you?

August 12 at 3:45 PM
Vibhor

No, I am the only owner of the app and it has never been transferred to or from any other business account. The first property with the same url was working fine, but because of some reasons I had to delete that verified property and now I am trying to add it again but it is giving me the error. Tried contacting Facebook through their support pages via messenger but they are not responding to me.

August 12 at 10:44 PM
Yari

Same as Vibhor, here. The app is mine (I develop as hobby). Had issue with the property, and I've deleted it. Now i cannot claim it again. I mean, I can understand why FB do something similar, but I cannot understand why they're not providing support..

August 16 at 6:18 AM
Hemant

I am also stuck in this f*cking Problem. Why facebook can not delete app url after deleting property. and there is no way to restore property also.

December 7 at 10:47 PM
Eric

I have run into a case where there was no previous Property tied to an app URL but it still says that the "App URL has already been claimed"

February 22 at 1:20 PM

fuch the facebook

July 4 at 11:14 AM
Bikash

Same here

August 5 at 9:27 PM
Illia

Hi, I have the same problem, no way to fix this?

August 13 at 12:55 AM
Md.
Vibhor

I think Facebook is not going to do any justice here. We have to grab facebook's support attention via other channels. I have added a public post/tweet through my facebook and twitter accounts. I suggest you all do the same so we can get some activity going.

August 13 at 1:23 AM
Yari

Vibhor, I've already done that. I think we must be several thousands or nothing will happen..

August 16 at 6:18 AM

Our payout account is also restricted & and we are in contact with meta support, pro support found automated replies. If you compare it with google, Microsoft then you will find meta support is most worst.

January 27 at 7:36 PM
Mushfiqur

Hi, I have the same problem, so it´s no way to fix this? What happen when you buy an existing app from another developer?

May 15 at 11:27 AM
Luis
Abdul

facing same issue no support option

June 3 at 6:02 AM

same problem

June 26 at 12:39 AM
MD AL

Same issue here. I contacted support for ads, and they provided me a guide on how to raise a question. But the guide was WAY outdated, so any command/entry is no more present.

I can't undderstand how such a big company like FB has a website so unfriendly and so messed up, every small part in a separated site. Incredible

August 4 at 7:15 AM
Yari

I am too facing same issue, i had deleted my old property and for create new property i am getting same error, and there is no way to contact meta as well

June 23 at 10:24 PM
Shubham

It means another business has used the URL to create a Property in the past. Only Meta Support can fix this if you want to change the business manager that the URL is associated with. But they removed the support form and there is no way I can find to contact support.

May 11 at 3:54 PM
Eric
Abdul

same problem

June 3 at 6:01 AM

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution for this?

June 13 at 3:09 PM
Andrew

I am also stuck like this and there seems to be no fix. Because facebook doesn't have any support for us anymore XD

May 15 at 9:34 PM
Shahzeb