Something went wrong error

Greetings,

I get the attached error when I want to connect my instagram accounts to our app. This comes after logging in to instagram. Different users can make transactions with their own accounts. But some users are getting the same error as me. What is causing this error? Can you help me?

Kevser
Asked about 8 months ago
Martin

Same here

September 18 at 6:52 AM
Antal

I'm experiencing the same problem.

September 18 at 6:52 AM
Martin

Only happens when using this special IG_API_ONBOARDING

September 18 at 7:00 AM
Josiah

Same!! Saw this pop up today with IG_API_ONBOARDING. This is affecting our customers! Please fix!

September 18 at 7:52 PM
Sundaram

We too are facing this issue with IG_API_ONBOARDIN . Its affecting our customers. Please fix soon.

September 19 at 12:03 AM
Esra

This one is urgent on our side and effecting our customers too, please fix asap

September 19 at 12:56 AM
Josiah

Still seeing this error! Please advise. (I tried the "Contact Us" and filled out the form but it showed query error. Grr.

September 20 at 1:08 AM
Tamerlan

Same problem for us. we cannot onboard clients already for two days

September 20 at 2:18 AM
Tamerlan

Hi everyone! Did you solve this problem somehow? Or still waiting Meta to deal with it? Thanks

September 20 at 11:33 PM
Josiah

Its still broken! Steps to recreate: 1. go here: https://www.facebook.com/v16.0/dialog/oauth?client_id=678846333674350&display=popup&extras=%7B%22setup%22%3A%7B%22channel%22%3A%22IG_API_ONBOARDING%22%7D%7D&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fmymarky.ai%2Fintegrations&response_type=code&scope=instagram_basic&state=instagram 2. click "Continue as..." 3. click "Get Started" 4. Login Then the screen goes back to this error "Something went wrong"

September 21 at 10:30 AM
Felix

I also had this problem yesterday. I was doing the onboarding with a client, helping her to connect IG to our application, but after the the login screen, this error occurs.

September 22 at 7:19 AM
Fredrik

Same issue here.

February 28 at 2:17 PM
Selected Answer

We are also unable to let Instagram users log into our platform due to this issue. Please escalate this Meta!

September 21 at 7:35 AM
Matt

This was the fix for me! (Their documentation was wrong. Just found this from trial and error)

1. remove '&extras={"setup":{"channel":"IG_API_ONBOARDING"}}' from the query string. This will make the oauth go through successfully.
  2. on backend, when doing /me/accounts with auth token, add in ?fields=instagram_business_account to get the ig business id
September 25 at 12:27 PM
Josiah
Martin

Thanks, but that's not a real fix. We are using this as a workaround as well but actually we are interested in the IG_API_ONBOARDING dialog so users can e.g. directly connect the instagram account to a FB page there.

This avoids a lot of troubles.

September 27 at 6:12 AM
Sezer

Hi, is there any news about this issue, because this is really important for also us?

February 5 at 3:38 AM

we just need urgent action. who can help us?

September 19 at 3:32 AM
Barış
Ishan

Hi! I am facing the same issue. Did you happen to find a fix? Thank you.

September 21 at 12:43 AM

We are seeing this issue as well and it is currently affecting customers.

In the javascript console, it is showing:

ErrorUtils caught an error:

GraphQL server responded with error 1850019: There was an error during business onboarding flow

Subsequent non-fatal errors won't be logged; see https://fburl.com/debugjs.
September 18 at 9:16 AM
Bob