I am not able update the callback url in webhook configurations

While update the call back url, I am getting the error like this:

"The callback URL or verify token couldn't be validated. Please verify the provided information or try again later".

Wharm
Asked about 5 months ago
Selected Answer

Try to debug it on your end first (check your logs and so on) and provide more information than just the error message afterwards.

May 28 at 1:17 AM
Lars
Wharm

Hi Lars, we are getting the error message like

'The URL couldn't be validated. Callback verification failed with the following errors: curl_errno = 35; curl_error = OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to domain:port ; HTTP Status Code = 200; HTTP Message = Connection established'.

May 30 at 3:28 AM
Lars

… on your end. Also try to search for the Curl error, which is most likely related to a SSL config issue on your end.

May 30 at 3:35 AM
Wharm

SSL is working fine, it is provided by 'GO DADDY'

May 30 at 3:41 AM
Lars

Debug it on your end

May 30 at 3:46 AM
Cam

Any updates on this? Have you resolved the issue? I'm encountering a similar problem with the callback URL. It was functioning properly until last week. I was using an ngrok URL without any issues up until then. I've also tried devtunnels and localtunnel, but neither of them are working for me now. Additionally, there are no errors displayed in the recent errors section.

June 10 at 11:58 PM
Karlus

I'm facing the same error and also using ngrok...

June 12 at 1:50 AM
Miamie

same here, no official communication on why ngrok is blocked

June 13 at 12:21 AM
Bruno

Same here. I am configuring a webhook for the first time. I managed to create the Ngrok free URL, and I can access it through the browser. However, "verify and save" on the Meta for Developers website has no effect and gives this error. There is no other information. I am guessing it is some security issue that doesn't even try to access the URL at ngrok-free . app.

June 13 at 5:47 AM
Lars

ngrok-free . app is blocked by FB, so don't use it.

June 13 at 5:48 AM
Oduyemi

I'm having the same issue with webhook, even apps deployed on Glitch, vercel is returning the same error which was not so few months ago.

I'm sure this is n update bug, I hope Facebook support will look into this

June 26 at 2:41 AM
Oduyemi

So i was able to resolve it using port forwarding feature on VS code, i forwarded the port and changed the visibility to public

June 26 at 5:31 AM
Luv

same issue

September 24 at 4:00 AM