Issues with WhatsApp API Message Delivery and WhatsApp Business Configuration on Instagram

Hello, support team. I hope you're doing well!

I’m currently facing two issues related to the use of the WhatsApp API and the integration of WhatsApp Business with Instagram, and I would appreciate your assistance.

1. Sending messages via WhatsApp API: When I use the "Hello World" template, messages are successfully delivered to the test phone. However, when using my custom template "boas_vindas_pesquisa", the API responds that the message was sent successfully, but it does not appear on my WhatsApp. Below are the details of the request and the response I am receiving:

Request I'm making:

{
  "messaging_product": "whatsapp",
  "to": "5521983249380",
  "type": "template",
  "template": {
    "name": "boas_vindas_pesquisa",
    "language": {
      "code": "pt_BR"
    }
  }
}

API Response:

{
  "messaging_product": "whatsapp",
  "contacts": [
    {
      "input": "21983249380",
      "wa_id": "5521983249380"
    }
  ],
  "messages": [
    {
      "id": "wamid.HBgNNTUyMTk4MzI0OTM4MBUCABEYEjdGRDA5N0FDODlERjNCMjlEOQA=",
      "message_status": "accepted"
    }
  ]
}

As you can see, the response indicates that the message was accepted and sent, but it is not reaching the phone. I’m not sure if this is happening with other numbers, as I’m currently testing only with this one.

1. WhatsApp Business configuration on Instagram: I’m trying to configure my WhatsApp Business account on Instagram, which prompts me to enter a 5-digit code. However, this code is not being delivered to my WhatsApp, preventing me from completing the setup.

I would like to understand what might be causing these two issues.

Elcio
Asked on Wednesday