Why my app with Login For Business show "Only me" audience by default

Hi Facebook Team,

I have an app that helps user livestreaming to their timeline, my app has passed the App Review with publish_video permission, passed the Business Verification so all users can login and livestream now, the only problem is their livestream always show in "Only me" mode, it should be "Public" mode. I have configured the Login button with loginButton.setDefaultAudience(DefaultAudience.EVERYONE); and also set privacy of the live correctly but all the live posts are in "Only me" mode, I found out laterly that when the app is connected to user, it appeared in the "Apps and websites" with "Only me" mode althrough I have call the setDefaultAudience for the login button before user logged in.

I would like to know how to setup correctly to make all the live are in "Public" mode.

Thank you

Yên Thanh
Asked about a month ago
Selected Answer

After 24 hours researching the documents, I found out that the issue is because I don't have the permission "publish_actions" which already depcrecated and not available anymore since this post (https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2018/07/31/platform-update-publish-permission/), the confused thing is some of the app I know still have permission to post publicly on user profile and I guess they still have this permission in their app. Some people said that this permission is reserved for approved partners of Facebook, is it real and anyone know how to be a partners and able to use this permission. As livestream on user profile is one of the main feature of my application and I don't want to introduce user keep turning the visibility of each of their livestream manually anymore!

May 20 at 9:57 AM
Yên Thanh