Unable to create test user

I keep getting the error "The ability to create test users is disabled temporarily" when trying to create a test user. Unable to test flows due to this.

Ashay
Asked about 3 months ago
Selected Answer

app reviewer requests a test user that we cannot create. I have same probelm.. we tried to make test user with Graph API, but it's not working, either. I'm doing this...for 1months sick of facebook.. rather remove facebook login.

April 25 at 4:54 PM
김봉원

It seems that the ability to create test users from the dashboard has been frozen. It looks like it won't be usable for a while. I submitted my personal account for review. Direct support told me to create a test user without any personal information, but I ignored it. In fact, it was reviewed and approved. There are two points to note. First, you need to enable two-factor authentication and submit a recovery code. Second, you also need to disable login alerts. For security reasons, after the review passed, I reconfigured the two-factor authentication settings.

In my case, it took three months from the time I first applied...

April 30 at 9:50 PM
池澤勇輝
Tobias

Thanks for sharing this. It’s a bit frustrating but confirms that there is no easy fix as of now.

May 6 at 10:43 AM

LOL, app reviewer requests a test user that we cannot create. How come a META employee cannot test an app and who is titled as "app reviewer". Now, they wrote me to create a fake Instagram and facebook account. This is against their own policy. Anyways, creating a fake account is very hard these days... This is so stupid.

March 15 at 11:38 AM
Emek
Ashay

Direct support replied saying you cannot give fake profile. And even if you do, you need to then create a fake business which will anyway get disabled. So there is absolutely no SOP for this process. They have raised a bug for this -- no idea how to proceed on this even after a month

March 16 at 12:35 AM
Tobias

I'm experiencing the same issue. Facebook login is disabled in my app due to a previous and they now ask me for a test user to verify that it is working again but I cannot create a test user for them. I've already told that to the reviewer team but they don't get it and keep repeating I should provide them a test user, completely ignoring my comments that it's not working.

I honestly don't know how to proceed here.

March 24 at 5:13 PM

We are experiencing the same issue and cannot test our app because of this.

February 16 at 11:33 AM
Joël
Sajib

I'm experiencing the same issue

May 4 at 3:20 AM