How to solve error: “janky_blackhole_params” for App-Link in Facebook-Ads

I tried to create an app promotion for my Android and iOS app. I already connected both, the App Store and Google Play platform to my Facebook app and created the ad in the ad manager. When I try to select my app as the link to the App Store, I get an error in the ad manager:

Sentry (URLParam) threw a restriction on category janky_blackhole_params. See (#1346003)

It seems like Facebook flagged the URL to the official app store page of my app, but allowed the exact same app at Google Play (both sites have the same content). I looked everywhere but couldn't find a clear way to solve this issue or even get more concrete information about the reasons. Since my advertising campaign is hold back by this error, I'm desperately looking for some solution.

Michel
Asked about 6 months ago
Selected Answer

Unfortunately, I could not solve the problem. I suspect, that this error is not supposed to happen at this place, since there is no way to request a review by Meta to solve it. In my case, I did a workaround by creating a website campaign and lead the user to a Linktree website, where they can then choose their respective app store link. I'm very disappointed that there is no way to contact the Meta support to get help with the issue.

January 2 at 6:05 AM
Michel
Daniel

Is your ios app available in usa?

March 26 at 1:10 PM
Yuanzhi Zhao

Hello. Have you solved your problem. Can you provide some help

April 15 at 10:23 PM
Yevhen

Hello! No, problem not solved, we are still looking solution

April 15 at 10:51 PM

Hello! Are you solve this problem or not? Because I have same problem with my app also

December 19 at 1:12 AM
Yevhen
Daniel

Is your ios app available in usa?

March 26 at 1:10 PM
Yuanzhi Zhao

Hello. Have you solved your problem. Can you provide some help

April 15 at 10:23 PM