I was sent her by support. Please, please help me with Events Manager Issues in Business Manager..

I am not a developer. I was sent here by support. Can anyone, anyone, please help me with this. I don't know what any of it means. I don't know what to do.

PageView events sending multiple user Client IP Address Your server is sending one or more Client IP Addresses for PageView events that are associated with multiple users. This may impact the attribution and optimization of your ad campaigns.

Send IPv6 for PageView events Change IPv4 addresses for PageView events to IPv6 and send them to Conversions API to get additional conversions reported.

Send IPv6 for ViewContent events Change IPv4 addresses for ViewContent events to IPv6 and send them to Conversions API to get additional conversions reported.

Laurel
Asked about 7 months ago
Selected Answer

I am facing same issue since a day, please let me know the solution for it, if you find it.

October 27 at 2:28 PM
Asfandyar
Jeff

I am facing the same thing. Anyone resolved it already? please help

October 28 at 7:32 AM
Alberto

Not every internet provider support IPv6, so not sure what is the benefit of converting to IPv6 as all the conversion will have the same value. I can also see it is not for 100% of your events, so it gets sent when passed over

October 29 at 12:35 PM
Tom

any help or answers from Facebook?

November 1 at 5:42 AM
Karim

same issues, we have alot of clients' event manager randomly showing the "send ipv6" red warning for purchase events. add to carts and initiate checkouts are shown as yellow warning. most of our clients are in areas where ipv6 is not even supported...

November 1 at 7:43 AM
Karim

update: we implemented a small change where we would send ipv6 when available and v4 for ips that dont support it. we think this is the "correct way" but as per the new errors we are seeing in events manager I doubt this will make any significant difference

November 9 at 4:11 AM

we are using also CLIENT side FBQ calls to create conversions and this is YOUR internal facebook code grabbing and using the IP address?

fbq('track', 'test');

November 1 at 6:17 AM
Tom

The documentation states this you can use either v4 or v6

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-api/conversions-api/parameters

November 1 at 6:44 AM
Tom

Successful Implementation of IPv6 Address Conversion In Facebook Events Manager.

I am excited to share that I have successfully resolved an issue related to client IP address conversion. Specifically, I have developed a method to manually convert a client’s IPv4 address to IPv6 and then transmit it server-side.

This solution has proven effective in my projects, and I believe it could be beneficial to others facing similar challenges. If you’re encountering issues with IP address conversion or if you’re interested in learning more about this solution, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

I am more than happy to provide further information and assist others in implementing this solution. You can contact me directly via email: [...]

Looking forward to contributing more to this wonderful community!

Best Regards, Abir Molla

November 9 at 4:07 AM
Molla
Karim

emails are hidden here. if your providing this as a service, please state that. if your willing to share this info with us, plz post about how you converted the ips and results. all the best.

November 9 at 4:09 AM
Molla

yes I'm providing this is as a service, here my email: im.mollaabir at g-mail [dot.] com

November 20 at 7:58 PM

Has Facebook addressed this issue? This is causing our user major questions.

We cannot control a users IP Address - where they come from. We cannot FORCE IPv6? Why would there be ANY restriction here?

November 1 at 5:41 AM
Tom