Trouble creating Facebook test account for app verification process

Since Facebook stopped the functionality to create test users from dashboard, we had been asked by the meta team to manually create test user and provide them the credentials for the same.

We did as they said. But now the facebook account for some reason can only be logged in from our country. If we try to log in to the account from another country, it gives us a invalid credentials error. My review is certainly not going to be from my country. How can I disable this check? I did not find any option to fix this in the account settings.

P.S. - Admins of this community, please convey my thoughts to the meta for developers team that meta is the worst platform for building apps. Your process is pathetic, inefficient and just painful. The review team cannot even create their own facebook test account? And why was the feature to create test users from app dashboard taken away from us? And it is not like creating a test user is easy? We have to give out our email and phone number details for these test account that we need to create manually. Also, your tech documentation is garbage (maybe worse than that).

Aditya
Asked about 8 months ago
Zahid

Aditya , we are facing exactly the same issue. hoping the admin of the community will notice soon and resolve it. We are left hanging in the air after test user creation has bee disabled

September 28 at 2:51 AM
Aditya

@zahid, did you try reaching out to the review support team? Did they provide any solution?

September 28 at 3:34 AM
Emre

it's terrible...

October 20 at 2:00 AM
Selected Answer

Same issue :( And I cannot even get in touch with them. I do have the option to create a test user but I get a error message saying that this feature is currently not available.

October 30 at 11:11 PM
Matthias
Matthias

just found out that also Meta says its deactivated temporarily: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/development/build-and-test/test-users?locale=de_DE

October 30 at 11:15 PM

The same issue.

I wrote to support about this issue and got answer. But it was 2 weeks ago and no answer till now:

Thank you for contacting Facebook Direct Support.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. There is an ongoing issue with the test users. We have escalated this issue to higher authorities. Meanwhile, if you have any other credentials (without two-factor authentication and should be a test account) that has a role in the app from your end, you can provide them in the submission.

If you have any further questions on the App Review process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
November 21 at 9:14 AM
Олексій

This app review process is confused and it doesn't help, looks like the Facebook Review Team doesn't have contact with the Facebook Developer Team and the review team seems to have lack of knowledge of their own process because they've asked to create test credentials many times, until we explained to them that the test credentials were disabled.

After that, they suggested to use OTP, there is no way to use this feature in the way they want, without mention the request to share the credentials is not a good practice.

The fact is, Facebook Login has region restrictions and the review team doesn't tell or looks like they don't want to open this to the public and they keep giving the same instructions that doesn't help at all.

Based on access logs of the server, the Reviewers comes from Philippines.

I've tried to create the account using a VPN (BrowserStack) from this location but it didn't work either.

January 29 at 7:27 AM
Eli
Eli

FYI: Finally got my app approved. The solution was exactly the same as describe by @mukul user in the previous message.

PS: As I have purchased the BrowserStack some time ago, I have used it instead of a dedicated VPN app.

January 30 at 8:01 AM
姵吟

I used VPN to create an account and failed either. What is a BrowserStack and what's the difference between VPN and browserstack? I googled it but have no idea lol

January 31 at 6:50 PM

Anyone found a solution for this? Did review team came up with any logical reasoning for rejecting the apps?

October 17 at 6:52 PM
Subramaniam

We're currently facing this same issue. It's sad that a solution is not forthcoming.

October 10 at 6:06 PM
Xite

I'm having exactly the same issue - due my app need permissions on facebook business and Instagram i have to create fake account and link everything. I already submited my app 7 times in last month and always receive refuses from they saying "invalid credentials" - Terrible process. i didn't know what to do anymore!

October 11 at 4:51 AM
João Vitor

Hi all, I have been going through the same bs with them for 2 months now back and forth with no solution or approvals. Ive done almost everything everyone has complained about in here (linked additional business accounts and users in order to test, talking to the "support team" that has nothing to do with the app approval team, and now everyone from fb is "unable to login with the credentials provided" even though I have tested login with multiple people and multiple times). At this point it is starting to feel like fraud and a deliberate act to deceive. Has been one of the worst processes I have ever seen or been a part of. They should be ashamed.

November 1 at 12:57 AM
Har

Hello Everyone,

Great news! After several attempts, my request was finally approved.

Here's a workaround for the 'invalid/wrong credentials issue':

1. Connect to a Philippines VPN server.

2. Create new Gmail and Facebook accounts while connected to the VPN.

3. Register the new FB account as a developer account, noting its user ID.

4. Add this FB account as a Tester to your original developer's account.

5. Avoid logging in to the test FB account outside the VPN.

6. Re-record the screencast with the test FB account while connected to the VPN only.

7. Add the new test FB account credentials to your app-review.

You can register your developer's account using your US/Canada phone number; it doesn't seem to make a difference.

November 27 at 11:30 PM
Mukul
蔡醫陞

Can I ask why Philippines? I think they are based in the US?

January 9 at 2:07 AM
Barath

Same works with instagram login? Or u need to do samething for instagram too?

April 25 at 9:59 AM

Whosoever faces this issue, I got a response from the support team. They have asked me to include the email id credentials as well so that if the password fails, they can recover it. Ridiculous that they even suggested this as solution. I am going to try it and update here if it works.

I cannot stop laughing at this horrendous process of app verification of a multi billion dollar company. They can make cool looking AR glasses, but cannot create smooth processes for their partners. Big red flag in my opinion!

September 28 at 9:20 PM
Aditya
Aditya

Update: They rejected the app saying that they do not have the permission to change the password. LMAO.

I hope someone from facebook dev team is watching this. What clowns.

October 3 at 4:30 AM
Tommy

Ran into this exact problem as well, wasted so many weeks of back and forth, still unresolved. It's laughable but sad that this is the developer experience they provide.

Anyone manages to find a solution ? Need to get this done still.

October 9 at 8:01 PM
Daniel

Did you guys find a solution? I'm stuck for more than a month now :/

January 14 at 8:07 AM

Guys, still stucked from here - i created a group on T3le6r4m [t.me/facebok_review_issues] - let's go to discuss some possibilities or share experiences. I submitted more one time now - waiting response.

October 14 at 8:22 AM
João Vitor

It’s an absolute joke, and Facebook have designed themselves in a way where no one can get in touch with them, and if you do manage to get in touch, you’re talking to someone at the very bottom who just wants to earn some money to live.

Someone’s got to make them get their crap together.

November 5 at 2:13 AM
Tom

This is something extremely stupid and inefficient! Creating a real but fake facebook account is actually against the terms of Facebook itself!

The ability to create test users should be returned. In the meantime, one possible way could be to give the reviewer a role in the app which would allow them to access the app and test.

September 28 at 6:15 AM
Michael
Aditya

How can you do that? Can we have the reviewer's facebook account? We would gladly give him any role he wants. Become the fricking admin but please review our app.

October 3 at 4:29 AM
Michael

@Aditya no this is just a suggestion for the current non sense!

October 4 at 2:39 PM

One of the pathetic app review process. Here I'm sharing the reply which I got from support team and review team.

Thank you for contacting Facebook Direct Support.

We understand your concern and apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please be informed that to resolve the issue, we would suggest you provide the credentials of the Gmail account that is linked to the same Facebook account and explain all the necessary steps in your App Verification details (about accessing your provided Gmail account in the case of any two-factor authentication) so that the review team can replicate the steps accurately during the verification process. You can also provide other test credentials without 2FA and re-submit your app so that the review team can login and verify it accordingly.

Then I have resubmitted the app with both Facebook and corresponding Gmail Credentials, for that the reviewer's reply is:

Notes from your reviewer:
Hi Team,

We have determined that your apps use cases for page manage post and show list permissions are valid. However, we were unable to replicate the experience on how the permission will be used within your app. Specifically, we are unable to login using the credentials provided due to "Incorrect password".

Please be infomred that due to security purposes we are not allowed to access any Google platform such as gmail and other sites that hosts an email platform. Before resubmitting please do make sure that all credentials are working fine properly.

To better review the application, please provide a a working credentials or password or OTP for us to accurately follow your test instructions and replicate it. Also, you can provide a Facebook test credentials that has Facebook Pages properly set-up within your application for us to accurately follow your test instructions and replicate it.

Please re-submit accordingly and we will re-review your application. Thank you!

I'm tiered of re submitting the app for more than 10 times in the last 7 days. Everytime reviewer just simply click reject.

Interesting thing is reviewer is asking OTP, I'm not sure whether reviewer has any idea that OTP has TTL. Support team suggests to share gmail credentials, and reviewer doesn't use gmail credentials. Within Meta each team is following their own SOP's.

No idea how to get the app reviewed and get approved from this pathetic review team.

October 5 at 8:53 AM
Subramaniam
Daniel

Same here. We've given them e-mail-credentials and test users and they seem to not use them. Did you get through the review?

January 14 at 8:06 AM