Custom Audience: Size temporarily unavailable

I am reaching out to report an issue that I've been experiencing for almost a month now since I changed my Facebook Pixel. Following the change, all the audiences created from events such as Add to Cart, Purchase, and View Content are not functioning correctly. Specifically, I keep receiving the message "Size temporarily unavailable. The type of data your pixel collects has recently changed. You can expect your audience size to become available again within 2 days of that change." However, it's been significantly longer than 2 days, and the problem persists.

This issue is impacting my ability to effectively target and retarget my ads, leading to a potential decrease in my campaign's performance. I have attempted to troubleshoot this problem on my end to no avail.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? Any guidance on steps I should take or any adjustments on your end would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to your prompt response and am eager to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Walid
Asked about 2 months ago
Slavomír

Same issue for half a year. I contacted support and they told me it is some kind of technical glitch. They reset our account (yesterday) and stáll no changes. :(

March 8 at 1:12 AM
Josh

I've been having the same issue for the past month or so. I found a Reddit thread that was created 2 months ago where others are having the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/FacebookAds/comments/18sxaop/custom_audience_website_visitors_pending/

Hoping this gets resolved soon.

March 8 at 8:23 AM
Walid

i think i need to try it to see if it really works or not. maybe the audience works but the description is not correct.

March 8 at 9:01 AM
Glaudson

I've been experiencing the same issue since last year. Audiences are created, they stay with "Pending" status, and right below in the information button, the message appears: "Size temporarily unavailable. The type of data your pixel collects has recently changed. You can expect your audience size to become available again within 2 days of that change."

I've opened several tickets with META, and in the last one, a manager called me and said they've done all possible checks on my account, and everything is set up correctly. My pixel, campaign structure, business manager, everything is OK. Except for the functioning of these audiences.

Since last year, I've been trying to run ads for these audiences, and the campaign doesn't spend, doesn't run. The audience size remains unavailable in the campaign view. 90% of my online advertising strategy depends on the functioning of these audiences, and I can't get them to work.

P.S: Each audience was created based on specific events from my Pixel (PageView, InitiateCheckout, Purchase, etc). I have thousands of accesses for each of these events, yet the custom audience doesn't work.

March 9 at 3:55 AM
Vašek

Support didn't help me at all. I have this error for months now.

March 9 at 7:07 AM
Pablo

I also have this problem since December/2023

March 14 at 1:26 PM
Thiago

I think it could be related with advanced matching setup, but I don't know for sure

April 11 at 3:16 PM
Selected Answer

Hello. I run Facebook ads and I have this issue since 2 weeks ago. This has affected my best performing retargeting campaign which included a few custom audiences.

The funny thing is that I have another business and I have the same issue ( this has another pixel ) I've got in touch with support but not help at all.

May 13 at 10:17 PM
Alberto

Same here. It's a very bad situation and needs to be solved it urgently.

May 14 at 4:40 AM
Emre

Same here! Very frustrating.

April 25 at 2:30 AM
Karolin

I have gone to the highest level of Meta Technical Support and the official answer is "Our engineers have investigated the issue and determined that this is expected behavior. There are instances where we may limit certain features for ad accounts such as audience sizes in this case. This is done in an effort to help foster a safe and trustworthy environment on our platform for both people and brands.

This is due to privacy concerns since you have enabled Advanced Matching. In order to protect the privacy of our users, we will remove the figures on estimated audience sizes and the information will be reflected as unavailable to the client.

This is an expected behaviour. However, you can expect to be able to publish ads and have them delivered to your targeted audiences although estimate audience size is presently not being shown too on Ad Set creation."

I requested that they send over some official documentation regarding this and they are going to do the best they can but didn't confirm that there is any official online documentation.

May 1 at 12:19 PM
Anthony
Alberto

Hey Anthony. I have the same issue. I wouldn't mind not seeing the size of the populated sample. the thing here is that the campaigns don't run ( they don't spend any money ) with these custom audiences. they are dead.

May 13 at 10:20 PM

I also have this problem since December/2023

March 14 at 1:25 PM
Pablo

Same issue!

April 25 at 6:37 AM
Tamara

I also have this problem since February/2024

March 15 at 7:08 AM
Thiago

started in the last few days on audiances that were fine up until a few days ago

April 11 at 1:11 AM
Itamar

Same here! And Ads do not work correctly with those audiences, I spent money on Ads for people that my Pixel probably does not even know!

Its essential for remarketing, especially taking into account for such a small Attribution settings (7 days after click, 1 day after view). Google gives much more time to track conversions. So I have to run remarketing ads to gather all the conversions and to track all the purchases people made from my ads to measure the efficiency!

April 22 at 8:42 AM
Kate