App switched to development mode and required actions link is broken

I am having an issue with my app being switched to development mode. My client was using the app on their phone today and was prompted with a message saying that the app is in development mode. I checked the developer console and saw that the app is indeed in development mode. The switch button in the top left corner is not clickable. There is a red warning message at the top of the page that says "API access restricted. Respond to required actions to restore access." There is a link below the message called "View required actions," but when I click it, I get an error message that says "Sorry, the link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed."

I am not sure what is causing this issue or how to fix it. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

肖传奇
Asked about 11 months ago
肖传奇
October 30 at 1:10 AM
Selected Answer

Hi I understand that you are having an issue with your app being switched to development mode and that you are unable to access the required actions to restore API access.

You mentioned that you want to add a privacy policy to your app settings. This is a great idea, as it is important to be transparent with your users about how you collect and use their data.

There are many websites that can generate a privacy policy for you, such as TermsFeed and iubenda. Once you have generated a privacy policy, you can add it to your app settings by following these steps:

Open the developer console for your app. Go to the Settings tab. Under Privacy Policy, click Add Privacy Policy. Enter the URL of your privacy policy. Click Save. Once you have added a privacy policy to your app settings, you will need to submit your app for review again.

As for the issue with your app being switched to development mode, I recommend that you contact Meta developer support for assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and restore API access to your app.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

October 29 at 2:46 AM
Husam
肖传奇

Thank you for your reply, but I have not mentioned that my app has privacy policy-related issues, and I have not seen any corresponding prompts in the app's console. However, I have received this message:

The Graph API v11.0 that your application "xxx" is using will end its two-year life cycle on 14 September, 2023. To ensure a smooth transition, please migrate all calls to Graph API v12.0 or higher.

October 29 at 11:12 PM