Some Japanese Instagram DM services do not comply with API regulations. Is it okay to send DMs to users all at once using the API like this?

Some parts of Japan's Instagram DM service [Lgram] do not comply with API regulations. Specifically, it is a service that uses API to send messages to users in bulk.

We initially recognized that Meta was prohibited from using this type of API. Is it okay for our company to use this kind of API to send DMs to users for the time being?

The URL below is that service. https://lgram.jp/

四辻 俊昭
Asked about 3 months ago
四辻 俊昭

The purpose of this communication is that if Meta is willing to offer applications that do not comply with the API usage rules, we would like to consider doing so. However, I believe it is important for users to provide applications that comply with Meta's strict usage rules. I would like to ask your company to make a decision, and I look forward to your response.

July 4 at 5:30 AM
Selected Answer

Hey,Bro!

After using this app for a while, I was able to confirm that I was able to send bulk Instagram DMs to users I had interacted with in the past, even after 24 hours had passed.

This usage deviates from the usage rules in the Send API reference. I'm curious about the ruling, but I'm also very curious about whether deviant API usage and development like this app will be possible in the future.

July 4 at 8:13 PM
Bland Garamond